Robotic Pediatric Urologist in Hyderabad
Robotic surgical technology has become popular among adults and seniors with a huge success rate. Robotic surgery has widespread now and can treat various urological problems in children as well. It is minimally invasive and has a similar success rate as a standard laparoscopy procedure. To perform a paediatric robotic surgery, it requires special expertise as children have smaller bodies.
What is a Robotic Surgery?
Robotic surgery makes use of the robotic system to perform complex surgical procedures. It is a minimally invasive procedure and is performed using tiny incisions. Tiny instruments are inserted through the smaller incisions and they offer high precision, flexibility, and control than other procedures. The robotic instruments have small tips so that they can twist, move, and turn as a normal hand. Along with the instruments, a robotic camera is also used to provide a three-dimensional view of the body organs. The robot is docked on to the patient and is controlled by a surgeon sitting at the console
This lets the doctor focus more on the diseased organ without disturbing the surrounding other organs.
Using the robotic arm, any surgery can be treated in a short period. The recovery time is also faster than other surgical procedures.
What are the Different Surgeries That Can Be Performed Using Robotic Technology in Children?
A wide range of surgeries related to urology can be performed in children using robotic technology such as:
- Pyeloplasty: It is used to treat ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction.
- Enterocystoplasty: This procedure is used to treat an overactive bladder. The procedure focuses on enlarging the bladder so that it can store more urine.
- Appendicovesicostomy: This procedure is used to treat urinary incontinence in children. A new tube is created on the child’s stomach so that the child can urinate using the catheter.
- Ureteral reimplantation: It is used to correct the bad connection of the ureter with the bladder. If the condition is not treated, it can further lead to a condition called vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). VUR makes the urine to reflux backwards into the ureters. VUR is most common in infants and young children and it can lead to urine infection and can damage the kidneys.
- Nephrectomy: It is used to remove the kidneys if they get damaged or to treat kidney cancers.
- Any surgery that needs open surgery or laparoscopy can be performed by the robotic method
What Benefits Does Paediatric Robotic Surgery Offer?
The following are some of the benefits of using robotic technology to treat urological issues in children:
- Magnification of the tissues allows greater precision of surgery
- Smaller cuts or incisions
- Shorter stay in the hospital and you can discharge quickly
- Less need for using pain medications after surgery
- Smaller scars
- Less pain
Looking for a Best Pediatric Urologist to Perform Paediatric Robotic Surgery? Contact Dr Mallikarjuna Reddy Today
Dr Mallikarjuna Reddy is one of the best pediatric urologists in Hyderabad with over 30 years of experience. He is a skilled robotic surgeon who has experience conducting adult and pediatric surgeries. He is recognized as one of the top urologists in Hyderabad who is experienced in robotic surgery of pediatric tumors. To schedule an appointment with Dr Mallikarjuna Reddy, call us or fill out the form on the website.